The Denver Broncos will try to replicate their energy

in F r e i s t i l 14.08.2019 07:59
von chenyan94 • 244 Beiträge

and emotion from their 45-10 blowout of the Arizona Cardinals so they don't fall into the same morass they did the last time they ran up the score on an overwhelmed opponent.They walloped the Dallas Cowboys 42-17 in Week 2 last season.They then won just five of their next 20 games Max Garcia Jersey , suffering through a franchise-worst eight-game skid last year and a four-game losing streak this season that had general manager John Elway reprising his "soft" label for a deficient defense and spurring fans to call for coach Vance Joseph's job.Then, on a short week, the Broncos (3-4) backed up Von Miller's smack talk and outclassed the Cardinals (1-6) just as their superstar linebacker had promised, flipping the script maybe on what had been a soured season.Miller's message was actually directed at his own shaken team in hopes of restoring its swagger."It's not even like me," Miller said, "But I thought it was the best thing to do to get my teammates going."Miller first asked if his teammates had his back."We said, 'Yeah, we got you. Go ahead and say it,'" said cornerback Bradley Roby. "When he put it out there, it put confidence in this team and I think it brought the best out of us."It sure brought the best out of Roby, a former first-round pick who had struggled in his first season as a starter opposite star Chris Harris Jr ., who had a pick-6 Thursday night along with linebacker Todd Davis .Roby gave up three long touchdowns against the Jets two weeks ago, then failed to follow protocol for a sick day the next morning.Against the Cardinals, Roby broke up four passes and recorded his first interception of the season."He really played well yesterday," Joseph said. "For this defense to work, the corners have to play well. Chris has played well the entire season."Another former first-rounder who was also struggling, left tackle Garett Bolles, played his best game against Arizona and wasn't whistled for any flags after drawing an NFL-high six holding calls going in.Roby and Bolles hadn't been benched like right guard Connor McGovern was last week because the Broncos lack depth at cornerback and tackle. So, Joseph was left to let Roby and Bolles work out their difficulties in the glare of the game."I thought Bolles played one of his best games of the year," Joseph said, praising Bolles' work blocking pass rusher Chandler Jones.The Broncos have a long weekend now to relish their slump-busting victory before getting ready for their rematch with the Chiefs , who rallied for a 27-23 victory in Denver three weeks ago."Like Coach Joseph said, in this league, when you lose you feel like you're never going to win again and when you win, you feel like you're never going to lose again," receiver Emmanuel Sanders said. "It's one of those situations we can build off."Obviously, you all heard about Von's 'We're going to kick their' you-know-the-word. We went out and did it and it feels good," said Sanders, who both threw and caught a TD pass against Arizona . "Now we got 10 or 11 days until we go out to Kansas City. We'll just sit back, watch some football over the weekend feeling confident in yourself. Hopefully, we can keep building off this."As for Miller Cheap Dalton Risner Jersey , he doesn't anticipate issuing a similar warning next week when the Broncos visit Arrowhead."Honestly, it wasn't even for the Cardinals; it was for my teammates," said Miller, who collected two strip sacks of rookie Josh Rosen. "It was just to put us in that mentality, no backing down now. I think we have a great football team. We have great leadership. We have a great GM, great owner, great coaches, and we have great players."I just thought what we were missing is the confidence part of it."That's been restored in a big way.Notes: Joseph said RB Royce Freeman (ankle) and WR/PR DaeSean Hamilton (knee) were day to day but S Darian Stewart (neck), who sustained his third stinger in three weeks, may be out a while. ... Joseph said CB Adam Jones (thigh) should return this week and OLB Shane Ray (ankle) and RT Jared Veldheer (knee) are day to day. ‘The Honorable’ Andrew Mason hears Ryan Edwards and Steve Atwater ‘take their case to court’ on what to do with OT in the upcoming NFL draft."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Broncos NewsBroncos Free AgencyBroncos DraftBroncos PodcastsBroncos 2019 ScheduleKey Offseason DatesCommunity RulesFull ArchiveBroncos StoriesScheduleRosterStatsOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁旴reaking NewsBroncos 2019 Draft Class Announced脳Broncos podcastsShould the Broncos’ spend a premium draft pick on OT?New,61comments‘The Honorable’ Andrew Mason hears Ryan Edwards and Steve Atwater ‘take their case to court’ on what to do with OT in the upcoming NFL draft. Should the Broncos’ spend a premium draft pick on OT?denverbroncos.comThe First & 10 @ 10 crew on Orange & Blue Radio has an outstanding segment on its morning show leading up to the draft called, “Take Your Case to Court” in which two of the hosts argue for or against some element of the draft. It’s very entertaining, so I highly recommend it, but it’s also insightful when it comes to the Broncos’ options - and dilemmas - related to their draft picks.This morning Ryan Edwards and Steve Atwater debated whether the Broncos should consider spending a premium pick on an offensive tackle (rounds 1-3) or avoid that position early and instead aim to get an offensive tackle in a later round or even among the undrafted players.Listen to "04-03-19 Take The Case To Court" on Spreaker.The case for a premium pick at OTEdwards made an excellent case for getting an offensive tackle early in the draft, pointing out that although Garett Bolles was a first-round pick in 2017 and newly acquired Ja’wuan James was a first-round pick five years ago, the two are not necessarily “locked in” as the starters there. According to Pro Football Focus, James was the 64th ranked OT last year while Bolles was the 30th. And Edwards isn’t buying the argument that new offensive line coach Mike Munchak is completely happy with that pair.Edwards also noted that the PFF grades for both Bolles and James got worse this year from last.“The reality is you need depth there, and the best way get that is through premium picks in the draft,” he argued.The case for getting OT in later roundsSteve Atwater came in hard with his argument in favor of waiting - presumably because he knows the top-tier defenders available early.But also because he sees Mike Munchak as a key player in this debate, arguing that the new offensive line coach can do great things for Bolles, James and the rest of the line.The primary reason to not take an offensive tackle before day three, Atwater argued, is that the Broncos now have two highly drafted tackles on the roster, both in prime form to benefit from the teaching and coaching of Munchak, a former nine-time Pro Bowler and Hall-of-Famer at the position.In fact, Atwater specifically pointed out how much the Steelers’ line improved under the former Houston Oilers OT.Prior to his arrival in Pittsburgh, the Steelers were 15th in pass blocking and 22nd in run blocking. By 2016, the line was second in pass blocking and fourth in run blocking.The DecisionActually, I’m not going to tell you how The Honorable Andrew “Mase” Mason ruled in this case because you should listen to the arguments and the decision.But he did point out that among Munchak’s best players in recent years were both an undrafted Alejandro Villanueva as well as second-rounder Marcus Gilbert - for what that’s worth. And I definitely encourage you to listen to the “case” - but first weigh in with your thoughts in the comments on how you’d decide.

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SuperSlotsBop.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 14709 Themen und 19128 Beiträge.

Heute waren 11 Mitglieder anwesend:
asogoldengoose, chenyan94, Jerry8, Movingguide1, pitercon, piterrise, shoesvipser, StevenVox, SuperSlotsBop, usasmokingsale, xuezhiqian123

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor